Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2012 - A Year For Gratitude

Even if we end up in a nasty double-dip recession.. I see so many things to be grateful for. 


I've been saying this mantra almost obsessively of late...
"Celebrate, Educate, then.... Initiate" 


Growing a more entrepreneurial community (or organization) requires all three. 


In Idaho, I'm grateful that we are getting better at "Celebrate"!
I'm even more grateful (and humbled) that in this winter's recent Idaho Innovation Awards, i was actually a finalist for "Innovator of the Year". Totally blown away. 


If I had won, I would "have" to give a 1-minute speech. (I think it was 2-3 minutes, but they knew they'd better tell me "1"... LOL) 


But in the spirit of gratitude, here's what I would've said to that beautiful audience: 


My 'would-have-been' acceptance speech for Idaho Innovation Awards
                        (only get a minute at the mike, so...)


[while walking to the podium]
"Do you want to grow a more entrepreneurial Idaho? Do you?
Then stand up. STAND UP!" 


[at mike]
"This is beyond humbling. This is truly about you. It's a 'we' thing not a 'me' thing 


Whether growing entrepreneurial mindsets or growing entrepreneurial ecosystems two things are key: 


1) Do the Right Things the Right Way... and for the Right Reasons 


2) Celebrate. Educate. Initiate.
Tonight is evidence we're getting better at celebrating!"


[Raising my hand] "Let's celebrate entrepreneurs!... how many of YOU are entrepreneurs? [raise both hands] PROVE it!


"Repeat after me... I. Am. An. Entrepreneur! (http://www.slideshare.net/norriskrueger/i-am-an-entrepreneur ) 


[this gets under a minute but I'd hope that the final 'bit' took us a little longer... or maybe a LOT longer! ;) ]


Why, yes, I AM an entrepreneur...


And time to rock 2012!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suresh Kumar said...

I like it...little bit like Hitlers Germany...but here the cause, the people and the results are all good.
Congrats and keep up the good work. The Rebels are proud!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home